Monday, November 2, 2009

It starts today.

The diet.  December 26th = Vacation.  Beach.  The diet starts today.  10 pounds.  I'd be thrilled with 10 pounds.

Since joining a new gym I've been going pretty regularly (4ish times a week) and working out decently hard.  I could do better.  So I'm going to.  I am committing in writing to working harder when I'm there, and counting calories.  This week I'll up my cardio to 45 minutes and take a spinning class or two.  Ugh.  None of this is exciting.

Counting calories is the worst.  I will declare a moratorium on eating after 8:30 at night thereby putting an end to snacking just to snack.  Bye popcorn at 9:30 at night.  See ya later edamame and half a box of reduced fat wheat thins.  Oh and the Halloween candy is gone, long gone.  I will also cut back on my alcohol intake.  Perhaps I'll be sober sis Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I will beat you 10 pounds.  I will come out on top.  I will wear my tight pants as a constant reminder that I am dieting.  I will get up every time the alarm goes off at 5:45.  No excuses.  I will not snack and watch the Biggest Loser. 

Dan will diet too.  The difference is that in a week, he'll lose five pounds looking at the scale.  Oh to be a man on a diet.  

Here we go.  Join me if you like!

I am going to be accountable.  To the blog and therefore, to myself.  To be clear, I won't starve myself, nor will I make myself miserable.  It's simple math (which is good because I suck at math).  More calories out than calories in. 

The Best part?  Vacation.  Less than 2 months away. 

No comments: