Wednesday, December 23, 2009

7 days.

I don't freak out about much.  I would let Cannon lick a handrail or hang out with a sick kid.  I'm ok with it.  I know he can't live in a bubble.  None of us can.  He's going to get sick. 

Enter our first stomach virus.

We have had colds.  A green nose is like a once every three weeks thing at our house.  Coughs.  Bring 'em on.  We could see an ear infection coming days before it arrived (prior to tubes of course).  This time is different.

Cannon stopped eating a week ago.  A week.  7 days.  I can't go 7 hours without food.  He takes a bite or two of something and is finished.  Refuses almost everything. 

Despite lots of help from the experienced moms I know who have seen nearly every illness known to man, I can't just not worry about it.  Maybe with our next child I won't be as worried.  Probably not.

Saw the doctor on Friday.  Everything is fine.  As long as he's drinking and having wet diapers he's fine.  Call us if he's still not eating after a week.  We're going back today.  Somehow a nurse on the phone saying 'well... if there are no specific symptoms we can't really do anything' doesn't sit well.  We are seeing our regular doctor and if he says 'guys, don't worry about it.  It's a phase and he'll be back to normal soon', great.  I want him to look me in the eye and tell me that.  I also want Cannon weighed.  He has lost weight.  

My money's on acid reflux.  Fingers crossed it's something easy like that.

The Best part?  Tomorrow is Christmas EVE!!!!!

No comments: