Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'll be 'that' mom... judge away.

It's report card day.

I used to love getting report cards at school.  I was that kid.  I cried the first time I got a 'B'.  Fortunately by sophomore year in high school I got over that and became a solid "B+" student.  Never really had any desire to get straight A's and that would have been a struggle come Managerial Accounting sophomore year in college (not that I was getting A's before managerial).  Needless to say, I will not be joining the ranks of KPMG, Ernst & Young, or PriceWaterhouseCoopers anytime soon.

I got Cannon's 15 month report card when I dropped him at school this morning.  They don't grade in A's and B's rather A's, S's, and N's.  Always, Sometimes, and Never.  He didn't get any 'N's' and seems to be right on track (not that I have anything to compare it to and with what we're paying for 'tuition' they're not going to tell me he's 'slow'). 

I thought what his teachers wrote about him was really sweet and wanted to share/ brag.

Cannon is a sweet and helpful little boy.  He alwasy wants to help his teachers clean up toys and help his friends during play.  H'es the class greeter, always saying 'hi' and 'bye' to our visitors.  He's bright, fun-loving, and always on the move.  It has been fun watching him grow and learn new words and signs.  We will continue to strengthen his communications skills, as well as help him with his cognitive developmetn and self-help skills.  We can't wait to see what he does next!

The Best part?  Thanks for letting me be 'that' Mom :) What will I do when he gets a real report card???

1 comment:

CaSandra said...

Corey... this sweet post made me cry!

(Maybe I'm just super emotional, but we'll deal with that latter)

I can tell... you are just BEAMING WITH PRIDE!

I too am proud of hearing about Cannon's accomplishments (and won't hold back once Kensley begins to talk and sign... as hard as we work with her... I wish that WE got report cards! Maybe that will be on tomorrow's to do list)

Keep the adorable pictures and videos coming!