Friday, December 18, 2009

Typical...

For the last two nights Cannon hasn't slept for longer than an hour at a time.  He's had fevers and fussiness and we've had exhaustion.  Yesterday I thought it was a reaction to the MMR vaccine he got last week.  The doctor told me this could happen.  I was ready for the fevers, the not sleeping, not so much.

You see, everyone says when we have another one we'll be in shock.  Cannon started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks.  Even before that he was up only every four hours and if I played my cards right that was only a 2am feeding and back to bed.  He's not a great napper but the fact that he sleeps solid from 7-7 makes up for it. 

For the last two nights I was up at 10, 2, 4-5, 6, and 7.  He was inconsalable.  Miserable.  Hot.  Just terrible.  It took his fever two hours to break this morning.  He's not eating well.  I thought for sure it was an ear infection, why else wouldn't he lay down?  Even though I know better... since he has tubes an ear infection would have drainage.  No drainage. 

So, this morning I called the doctor and took him in.  Ears, fine (in fact she said they were 'crystal clear').  Throat, fine.  Stomach, fine.  Temperature, fine.  Everything, fine.  It's a freak virus that could stick around a while longer.

We got back from the doctor at 11.  He was asleep at 11:05.  He got up at 1, ate some Gogurt, and is asleep, again.  Perhaps I should be playing catch up too...

Isn't that always the way it happens?  As soon as the doctor says everything is fine, everything IS fine.  Crazy.

The Best part?  He's sleeping.

No comments: