Sunday, January 17, 2010

Globes... big ones.

Brace yourselves.  A lot of my friends and even my husband don't understand this.

I don't do movies. 

I don't know why.  I mean I like watching them (hate going to see them... would much rather wait until it's on video and park my ass on the couch) once I get into them but I just don't love movies.  Sometimes I'm inspired but maybe it's my reality tv addiction or the fact that I don't like to watch tv and 'think' (hence the reality tv addiction). 

My parents love movies.  My husband loves movies.  My friends love movies.  I just can't be bothered.

I hate scary ones.  I'm one of those people who has awful nightmares after a scary movie (like someone is murdering me and my family scary).  I really believe saying 'Candyman' three times could bring some unwanted tragedy.  When Dan is out of town, the curtains are closed and the lights are ON. 

I don't do sci-fi.  No explanation needed.

I do enjoy 'good ones'.  But I'd have to say if you want me to sit down and watch a movie you're best chances are to bring a romantic comedy a la You, Me and Dupree, Wedding Crashers, or My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  (Oh!! It's a cake!)  I did laugh my ass off at The Hangover but who didn't?  Oh and we watched it like a week ago.  Do you have any idea how long ago that was in the theatre?

So, I digress. 

I'm inspired.  We're watching the Golden Globes (not sure why Dan's not protesting but I'm not saying anything) and there are a few movies I'd like to see.  So, before the end of the year (let's start small) I would like to see Julie and Julia, Precious, and It's Complicated.

So, here goes nothing.  Three movies in a year--add that to The Hangover and that's 4.

The Best part?  The dresses!

I'm blog stealing.  A good friend always previews 'posts to come' so here's my attempt at providing inspiration for myself for future posts.

The Best is yet to come.
....why Skyline Chili is absolutely the worst.
... putting the sorority bs to rest.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Um, Corey, you haven't seen the hangover yet?! Make time for that...i don't care if you have to get a babysitter for the 90 mins you are watching the movie it's hilarious!!

Aly said...

Agreed! The Hangover is worth it... as is It's Complicated. Jill & I roared with laughter when we saw it.

mcconkei said...

I would strongly recommend adding The Blind Side to you list. Sandra Bullock is great and it is way more than a football movie.