Friday, February 19, 2010

To. Die. For.

It's not often I come across a recipe so delish that I feel inclined to share it.  This one is amazing.  Seriously.  (I know my mom thinks it sounds gross, I will be making it for her next weekend to prove her wrong). 

Credit where credit is due, this is my SIL Jen's recipe.  No idea where she got it.  If she created it she is a genius.  I don't think she did though.  :) And to clarify, no, I don't often take pictures of our dinner.  However, I was giving the recipe to some friends and they requested pictures.  So, the blog has pictures.  Don't judge.

Marinated Cheese
Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1 2oz. jar diced pimentos, drained
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons minced green onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of sugar
3/4 teaspoon basil
1 block sharp cheddar
8oz. cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper

Directions: Combine all ingredients except cheeses.  Put into a jar and shake vigorously.  Slice cheese and stack, one slice cheddar one slice cream cheese (this is where you'll appreciate the pictures).  Pour marinade over the cheese and refridgerate for at least 8 hours.  Remove about 30 minutes before serving.

Serve with crackers or bread.






The Best part?  What's not to like?

1 comment:

Aly said...

and it was as tasty as it looks!