Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spreading joy

We've established that Cannon is a talker.  He comes by it honestly.  We are talkers.  Few things bring a smile to my face as much as taking him places.

Yesterday we went to the grocery store (one of the ones that has cars in front of the cart) and I'm not kidding, everyone, every single person we walked by either heard a cheerful and loud 'hi!' or 'vroom!' or 'yay!' or 'weeee!'.  The only time he was quiet was when he was eating the cookie we got from the bakery (a time honored tradition).  Leaving was another story.  He did not want to get out of the car/cart.  Shocking.  I told Dan he threw a small fit as we walked to the car and Dan said "so did you have to get the car/cart?" to which I responded "why in the world would I deprive people of the joy he brings when he's excited?"  Yes, I know, it's not nearly as cute to strangers as it is to us.

Our trip to story time at the library was similar.  After each story/ song/ book he cheered and clapped and stood up with excitement.  I mean what library storytime leader doesn't want that kind of encouragement?  I would. 

The Best part?  He is so happy. 

No comments: