Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just say No

When I was a kid we used to walk (ok, fine, got to carry the banner--my mom was an organizer) in the "Say No to Drugs" walk in Tampa.  I have never had a problem saying no to drugs.  I do have a problem saying no to people of late.

Tomorrow I'm sitting on a panel of 'media experts' as the only television broadcaster (cause I'm the only sucker who said yes) for a PR 101 class.  I've done it before, they asked me to do it again.  I said yes.  I know it's good exposure and I enjoy it when I'm there.  But, somehow the three weekdays I have off seem jam packed.  I should have said no. 

What irritates me more about it is that I emailed the 'friend' (she is not really a friend) who asked me to do it to see what time I should be there (last time I sat around for an hour and I don't want to do that this time) and her response was "You need to be there no later than 8:45".   No please, no thank you, no pleasantries at all.  Again, I don't work for you.  I am doing you a favor.  Please have the common courtesy to use courteous language.  I wonder if she reads the blog.  Hope so.

Alas, I'm sure I'll enjoy it while I'm there, right now I just don't like not having my Thursday morning.

The Best part?  If that's the worst part of my week, I've got it good.

No comments: