Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Knocked Up

So if the chatter about the minivan didn't tip you off.  Or all the posts about 'nothing being new'.  Now you know.  We're expecting!  Ta da!  The Best part baby #2 should arrive in late October.  I think 10.10.2010 would be a great birthday.  Let's shoot for that (it would get me out of the last two weeks of pregnancy which were the worst with Cannon).  What follows is a few semi-posts I've written since getting pregnant. 

_________________________________________________________

Everyone always asks if I feel different this time.  Yep, I do.  But not different enough for me to think it's a girl.  I'm not sick.  I wasn't sick with Cannon.  I am exhausted.  I do not remember being this tired with Cannon.  But, when I was pregnant with him I wasn't nearly as busy as I am now (even though I was working fulltime then).  So, I'm exhausted. 

As I write this post I'm 7 weeks along and I am grateful for everyday that my pants button.  I feel like anyday now they won't.  Oh and Dolly Parton has nothing on me right now, but I had that issue with Cannon. 

Cravings?  I never really called ice cream a craving with Cannon but I ate it several times a week.  Also probably the reason my ass got so big and I gained too much weight.  This time I want comfort food.  I would kill for some banana pudding right now.  And mashed potatoes sound heavenly.  Also, salad.  Cheesecake Factory chopped salad sounds nothing short of amazing.  I wake up every morning at 530 starving.  Starving.  So far I've been able to fight through it and go back to sleep.  I'm trying to eat more protien but just thinking about it makes me sick.  (I have found a new like, Jimmy Dean's Breakfast D'lights breakfast sandwiches, they're full of protien and good for you--update after my mom the health nut looked at the sodium in the aforementioned sandwiches, I stopped eating them). 


_______________________________________________________________


Update, week 8: I take back the 'not being sick' thing.  For the last two days I have felt like dirt.  I am not only exhuasted, nothing sounds good to eat (except the aforementioned banana pudding) and I am constantly sick to my stomach.  Looks like it might be baked potatoes and brown rice for a little while for me.

This is turning into a log of the pregnancy so far... oh well.  Had some strange cramping yesterday so doc wanted to do an ultrasound and some blood work.  Here's how it went down:
I called the doctor, told them about the localized cramping.  The nurse calls back and says 'not to freak you out but we want to rule out a tubal pregnancy so we want to get you in asap.  What time works for you?'  I tell her 3, she calls back and says how about noon?  Super.  Dan was in Philly.  My amazingly wonderful college friend Gageby left work and came to watch Cannon for me.  I had blood drawn and an ultrasound.  The baby looks great and my bloodwork is perfect!  Baby has a strong heart beat (164bpm) and everything looks just as it should.  Whew.  :)

In other news, it's going to take a miracle to hide this pregnancy for almost four more weeks.  I have a belly.  I was BEGGING to have a belly at 12 weeks with Cannon.  Not the case this time. 

_________________________________________________


This is me at 10 weeks with Cannon. 


And at 10 weeks with Baby #2...

On a side note after looking at these two pictures I promptly made a hair appointment...



Everyone says it happens so much faster the second time.  This is evidence of that.  It's like my body said 'oh wait, I remember this, pop!'.  That or my abs just totally gave up.  I did lose all the baby weight but my body is different.  I now carry weight in my stomach where I never did before.  That's probably part of it too.  Either way, there's no hiding it anymore.

The verdict so far is that it's a girl.  No one has said they think it's a boy.  No one.  Most people thought Cannon was a girl too though.  We'll find out soon enough.  Then we can talk names and decor. :)

The Best part?  Cannon will be a great big brother!

3 comments:

CaSandra said...

Hip Hip Hooray for baby #2! (I agree, 10/10/10 would be a KILLER Birthday)

Sorry to hear that you had a scare in the begining, but I'm THRILLED that everything turned out okay :)

I'm so glad that you wrote down a few random tid-bits early on, they were fun to read, especially that comment about "Dolly Parton has nothing on me right now" I laughed outloud on that one!

~ Best of Luck ~

Hillie Gaither said...

Leaving work and spending time with my C-man was the easy part. Not being able to go hold your hand was hard. And you would have done the same.
...PS, Dolly still has you beat..and frankly, so do I.

xoxo,
ghg~

Aly said...

Cannon will be a fantastic big brother! I can't wait to hear if it's a baby sister or baby brother cookin' in there!