Friday, April 30, 2010

Mild Panic

Had our first OB appointment today.  Blood pressure was perfect, all the tests were perfect.  Until Meredith (yep, doc and I on first name basis, will explain in a post about Cannon's birth) tried to find the baby's heartbeat.  For 1 minute, then 2 minutes, then 3.

There goes my 110/80 blood pressure. 

Ultrasound tech squeezed us in and found the baby's heart beat.  Whew.  Whenever a doctor tells you not to panic, I dare you to tell me you don't run through every possible scenario in your mind in a matter of seconds.

Baby's heartbeat was 147.  According to whoever spread the word... a slower heartbeat means it's a boy, faster means it's a girl.  Well, here's the thing.  Cannon's heartbeat was never slower than 160.  So, bring on predictions.  I say it's a girl because she's already giving me heart attacks. :)

Not that anyone cares about this but me, but I lost a couple pounds (silent cheering from me). 

The Best part?  The mover and shaker inside me is doing just great.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those moments when the heartbeat can't be found might as well stop the Mommy's heart as well. Glad s/he cooperated for the ultrasound tech.

And I'll give you a huge round of applause for dropping lbs during pregnancy. I'm sure it's because you're walking dozens of miles a week, but even still, in my experience, any ob visit where the scale doesn't tick UP a pound or two is a minor miracle!

Corey said...

Thanks Jill! I know it's cause I'm walking so much... which has motivated me to do another half in early september... to keep it going... because I'm certainly NOT dieting... :)