Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thank You, Hormones

I am a crier normally.  Movies, commercials, Biggest Loser.  Anything where the underdog comes out on top.  They all make me cry. 

Multiply that by 100 right now.  Thank you, Hormones.

There's a teacher at school that for whatever reason Cannon doesn't like her.  I don't know if it's that she always talks to him in a baby voice (would annoy the hell out of me) or if it's that she's just not his other teachers or if he gets a weird serial killer vibe from her.  Whatever the reason if I drop him off in the morning and she's the only one in his room it's game over.  This morning was one of those mornings.  He clings to me like a spider monkey.  Then his cheeks turn red.  The bottom lips comes out and the tears start.  He tries SO hard not to cry but can't help it.  This morning I cried with him.  Nothing like leaving him with the school director while he screams 'mommy!' and I have tears running down my face.  For the record, I don't like the teacher either (only for whatever the reason he dislikes her is... it's not like he's anti-social).

Then tonight.  Dan's gone.  Sleep patterns are messed up.  We've been going to bed at 8 instead of 7 and tonight 8 turned into 9:15.  Screaming, crying, tears, falling asleep on my shoulder, more tears when I put him down.  I cried with him.  Then I crawled out of his room on my hands and knees.  Dignified. 

Night night.

The Best part?  I had a Ted Drewes to reward myself (if you're from St. Louis you know what a reward this is, if you're not you should visit just to get some).

No comments: