Friday, June 4, 2010

Wouldn't Change a Thing

So after I gave Hilton Head a slightly rotten review, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that vacations are different now.  

When you have a 21 month old who is learning faster than you can run and who is into everything and wants to know about everything you don't sit on the beach.  You run on the beach.  You don't lounge by the pool, you try to beat him into it.  You don't have a quiet sit down meal.  You order what will come fastest and see how quickly you can get food off the kids menu.  You plan your evening by how long naps were and you find places where you can hang out that he can't get away or at least can't get too far.  Here's the thing.  It's a blast.  I wouldn't change a thing about him, or us, or our slighty tiring vacation.

Also, keep in mind I'm 20 weeks sober so even a drink on the balcony wasn't an option (although did have a glass of wine, judge away).  20 weeks!  What? That's right, halfway. 

I now understand what it means to need a 'vacation from your vacation'. 

The Best part?  Sleeping on our own bed tonight.

No comments: