Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'll show you clevage.

So, Wednesday morning (really my Saturday morning) I wake up to this email (it was sent to the GM of the station I work for and myself):

I find it disturbing and unprofessional for newscasters to wear revealing clothing, that is clothing that shows cleavage like I saw this evening. If that is what people choose to wear on their personal time, although inappropriate, they can do so. However, I would hope that when performing a professional task, professional attire would be worn. It is my hope that there is a dress code that if not already in place will be put in place. I would like to continue viewing this station without being exposed to what I see on the street every day.

Now, before you go thinking I'm a hooker, let me tell you what I wore on Tuesday night. It's a maternity dress. A wrap dress with a v-neck with NOTHING that even closely resembles clevage. It does however, have a v-neck. Risque, I know. So you can imagine my shock at waking up to this email.

I've been working in television for the better part of 10 years. I've gotten emails about my weight, about my earrings, about my hair but never about my clevage. Why you ask? Because I know what clevage is and I know that there's a time and a place. Not on television.

Now, let me tell you this email came from a woman names Lorraine who emailed from an email address with the words 'silky' and 'smooth' in the address. Can't make this stuff up.

Now, let me tell you what I think of Lorraine and her email. I think Lorraine needs to get a life. Likening complete strangers to 'hookers' makes you old and bitter at the world. Pasties are 'innappropriate', a v-neck is not. Oh and Lorraine, I'm 23 weeks pregnant with my second child so if you want to see clevage, I'll show you clevage. Judging by your email you wouldn't know real clevage if it hit you in the face.

I feel better.

Happy 4th everyone :)  Even you Lorraine.
The Best part? Thanks for watching Lorraine.

1 comment:

Corey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.