Thursday, September 23, 2010

35

So I found out/ realized today (thanks to some facebook love) that today I've got 35 weeks down and 35 days to go.  35 is the first number that's felt close or closer.  Until now I've felt like friends who are due in December are further along than I am.  It also means if you ask me tomorrow how far along I am I'll tell you 36.. cause I'm further than 35 and that makes time go by.  So in honor of my 35/35 time for an update, no? 

Weeks 32-34 sucked.  I was uncomfortable, tired, got sick, if I could have induced then, I would have.  Now, I feel great.  Sure, I'm tired and going up the stairs my legs touch my belly and I feel like I've climbed Everest.  But, I feel good.  I'm not uncomfortable at all.  My heartburn is NOTHING compared to what it was and the pelvic pain is gone.  My left leg goes numb occassionally and I'd love to not have to eat every two hours (feel like I could die if I don't) but in the grand scheme, I can't complain.  Yep, I'll say it again, I can't com... oh wait. 

The weather.  It's 95 degrees outside today and it's September 23rd.  I don't live in the south.  Trees should be changing not dying.  And I'm not complaining about the heat at the 4th of July.  I won't complain about the cold in February (pinky swear).  I'm complaining cause it's freaking late September.  Oh, and Dan's still gone.  Washed my hair today for the first time since Monday.  Victory.  I won't tell you how many episodes of Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Sesame Street have been watched this week.  I will just say that we did finger paint and we did play with play-doh and we may even make a trip to the zoo tomorrow.  May. 

So, back to BGB.  I'm all for an arrival anytime after 37 weeks.  In fact, I'd love to hear at my 36 week appointment next week that there's progress.  Let's shoot for a cool birthday.  10.10.10.  or 10.20.2010.  What's  not to love?  Cool birthdays and early arrivals.

Here's hopin'.

The Best part?  Dan comes home tomorrow!

No comments: