Sunday, October 24, 2010

Because



She was Emerson all along.  We both knew it.  We just had to wait and see her.  She was Emerson Elizabeth from the start.

Emerson.  Because we like it.  Because it's classic without being traditional.  Because it rolls off the tongue of a 2 year old and a 60 year old.  Because it's sweet but strong.  Because it will look fabulous on a business card someday.  Because for now it will look amazing monogrammed across her fancy pants.  Because Emme is a precious nickname.  Because it goes swimmingly with Cannon.  Because it fits.

Elizabeth.  Because it's my middle name.  Because it's my Mom's name.  Because it's my late maternal Grandmother's name.  Because it's my paternal, paternal, maternal's (my paternal  grandfather's mother's) name.  Because it's Classic.  Because it goes with everything.  Because now she carries with her a legacy. 

The Best part?  She was Emerson all along.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I like it :) Probably because it reminds me of Emeline and well, duh, I like that name :) haha. We just use Eme as her nickname (but is prounounced Emme), and love that too. She is too cute.

Aly said...

I wondered if she had been. :)
I love it! I especially love Emme, but as you know that's a meaningful nickname in our family so it immediately makes me smile.