Sunday, November 21, 2010

Where you been sista?

So I know everyone is pining for some Best part love.  Here it comes, in brief.

The laptop comes back tomorrow.  Now if I can figure out how to be home when they deliver it cause I have to sign for it (hate that). 

Mastitis lingers.  In fact, it has gotten worse.  I've been fighting a 103 degree fever since Thursday which makes me a terrific wife and mother.  You know when everything hurts?  Like from the tips of your fingers to your toes and everywhere in between.  It hurts to blink.  That's me.  Basically incapable of doing anything AND my only real responsibility (feeding baby E) hurts like a mother.  So today the doc gave me the option of coming to the hospital and spending the night on IV antibiotics OR taking percocet (along with the antibiotics I've been taking) and come into the office first thing tomorrow.  It's not that I didn't want to spend all day Sunday and into Monday in the hospital... ok, it is.  Thank God for percocet.

Today will be a day of homeopathic cures (along with drugs).  Nursing on my hands and knees.  Kneading (which brings tears to my eyes to just say it).  Heat.  Ice.  More nursing.  Perhaps some chanting and incense burning too.  I would not wish this on anyone.

One website poster suggested, brace yourselves, that you have your husband 'nurse' on you to suck out the clog.  Um.  No.  Would rather have a doctor have to cut it open and clear it out.  Serious.

It's tgivs week.  Woefully unprepared isn't the right terminology.  Behind.  I am behind.  So tonight I will sit on my behind and clean the crystal glasses we've used once since we got married.  Perhaps I'll also iron the table cloth.  Depends on how medicated I am.

On a different note, we got our list for our adopt a family and I'm totally excited to shop for this single mom and her son.  She specifically requested 'no guns' for her little boy which I love.  They asked for the most reasonable things.  I'm so looking forward to being able to make their holiday a little more special.

The Best part?  The pills.  Definitely the pills.

3 comments:

McCulloch Family said...

Corey...
I've never suffered from mastitis but have plenty of friends who have. I can't imagine what you must be going through but I'm in awe and envy that you are powering through it. This, too, shall pass.
I'm currently on pain meds too (for my minor foot procedure) and they make EVERYTHING better. Projectile vomit? No problem. Three times in one day? That's nothing.
Anyway, hang in there girl. You'll get through this week and be proud of yourself (especially looking back on it this time next year...you'll be able to conquer ANY family gathering!!!).
xoxo
Kelly

Meggie Dials said...

Oh no! Cor, that sounds awful. I hope you get some relief and SOON! Keep us posted. I am sending lots of positive wishes your way!
Love you.

Christi said...

Mastitis truly does suck. I only had it once with Mercutio, but believe me, once is enough. I've never heard of the "husband nursing"...all I can say to that is...ew. Hopefully getting some medicine will put you on the mend before Turkey Day!