Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Observations and Revelations: the week before I go back

Kids are amazingly awesome and gross. Cannon and I were laying in his bed the other night, in the dark, scratching backs and getting ready to say goodnight. He sits up, looks at me, takes my face in his hands and says 'Mommy, you are the best!'. Then he wiped a booger on my face. On my face.


Three nights dog puke free. He is moving up on my list. Slowly.


Tomorrow morning we have an adventure. It involves me being 'that mom' and I have no idea what I am getting myself into. I promise to be less cryptic tomorrow.


Some of the bloggers I follow stalk have created a new blog to offer 'assvice'. Their writing is almost as good as mine and you will most likely laugh with them too. Check it.


If you go to the grocery store IN the snowstorm instead of BEFORE there will be plenty of milk, bread, and Twinkies and no nut jobs panicking to work around.


I plan on building a garage or something out of a giant boot box to entertain a two year old today. I am not an eagle scout. This could be amazing.


Leftover spaghetti for dinner tonight. Wasn't that good the first time. I just cant get behind whole grain pasta. I try. Every time. I just don't like it.


Although they crunch, carrots are a poor substitution for my nighttime Wheat Thin addiction.


There is enough snow that the dog has forgotten how to go to the yard to do his biz... So he pees on the deck. Awesome.


Post to come on returning to work.  Get excited.  Yes, you read it right, she's 12 weeks.  Stop. the. clock.  Please!


The Best part?  Snowed in.

4 comments:

Kelly Shetsky said...

our dog has also taken to peeing/pooping on the deck. Should be interesting once the snow melts. I feel for you going back to work -- part time? I'm envious. If you figure out how to stop the clock, please do mine too. Gavin is 1 year old next month.

You make me laugh and for that I thank you!

Megan said...

so much to comment on! love the new look...can't wait to hear what tmrw's adventure is! Assvice-hilarious-and you're right-they are ALMOST as funny :) Went to the store yesterday too-it was fabulous. Girls played with their cushion fort all morning...and whole wheat pasta and I are not friends either. Cannot believe it's been 12 weeks. Good luck with the construction project today!

Katie said...

"Their writing is almost as good as mine and you will most likely laugh with them too." HA. So kind of you, so kind.

Jess said...

Almost as good? HAH! We totally rock and you know it.

Sarcasm aside, thanks for the shoutout.