Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Observations and Revelations: I can taste 30

Conversation with my 2 year old while he was sitting on the potty trying to go:
Me: Put your penis down buddy, don't want to pee everywhere.
Him: Mommy, my penis is broken, we have to fix it.
Then he peed.
Him: Daddy will love this!!!
And scene.

Then he tells me that only girls go on the potty at school, not boys.  Promising.

I realize the danger in talking about this. But. My precious, perfect four month old has taken to sleeping 13 hours a night. 13. Hours.


I got this new lens for my camera. It has changed my life. Ok thats dramatic. But it's unreal. Check out my natural light.


































It happened. I had to pump in the field. It was bound to happen sometime. Just didn't think it would be in the backseat of a car, at a landfill, while cops sifted through trash for dead bodies in a torrential downpour.  Two days in a row.


Murphy's law: if you wear your cutest jacket and stilettos, you will find yourself at aforementioned landfill in a monsoon. I have wellies. Cute ones. I am not nearly as prepared as I should be for being married to an eagle scout. That's right, I said it. That super hot. Brilliant. Party planning, dance floor tearing up, bad ass husband of mine is an Eagle scout. Patches and all.

He hates when I call badges, patches.


This is the last picture taken from the surprise birthday night. It proves a couple things. I was in a club. It was in fact the best night ever.







The Best part?  Unce. Unce. Unce.  You know, like 'clubbin' music'.

3 comments:

Becca said...

That is pumping dedication! There should be a patch for that! ;)

Aly said...

I second Becca!

Lauren Stahl said...

I love that you pumped in a field. I found my self breastfeeding in the front seat of my car while the girls ate McDonalds a few weeks ago, I thought to myself, "okay, this is my life now, deal with it." In the end it is totally worth it though, isn't that what we say about everything dealing with little ones :-)