Sunday, June 5, 2011

Here we go again on our own...

We collapse into bed (to be clear, DIFFERENT beds. I can barely stand the dog in the room much less a child or two) at night. Everyone is exhausted.

This is my plan. And so far, so good.

I have a close friend whose husband is a pilot. She is constantly scheduled. A morning activity and an afternoon activity. I didn't get it. Don't you just want to hang out and watch TV? I get it now.

Parades. Pool. Zoo. Festivals. Barbecues. Play dates. Soaking up and savoring time with those we hold closest. This is what we are doing.

It's the best way I can figure to pass the time while Daddy is starting a new job and I am a single parent to two kids. It is exhausting. But we are handling it. We miss him. Badly. And not just cause I took the trash out today for the first time in years. And cause I will have to pick up dog poop this week.

We miss him. He makes us complete. And he misses us. So we are staying busy. Him at work, us at play.

And also? I may have gone mental. There are big boy underpants being worn in the house today. Like diving in head first. Someone talk me out of it. Cause when I get busy, I get really busy. And I want it. I invite it. Bring it. So I will test my parenting skills even further.

By the end of the day we will either be back in diapers or mildly excited for baby steps (he does go to school the next 3 days so they can deal with it for a few days). Either way the wine tonight? Will be cold.

The Best part? Little boy butt in big boy underpants.






No comments: