Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Boxes abound...

When I came home from dropping the kids at school this morning this is what I saw as I pulled onto our street.



I cried. For a lot of reasons. Today is going to be an emotional one.

But. If I hadn't loved. If I hadn't celebrated. If I hadn't shared myself with others. If I hadn't given all that I am and shared who I want to be. Then I wouldn't be sad. But I wouldn't be me either. So I will take the tears and the emotions. Because it's who I am. And I leave knowing that this place, these people will be part of who we are always. It's not 'bye' it's 'later'. Cause where we are going, there is beach, and Disney, and sun when there is no sun anywhere else. So if we aren't enticing enough, that stuff should be.





Also. My rational mind is slapping my emotional self. Because we are moving to Florida, not China. No one is going to war. No one is fighting a disease. This is a life passage. An exciting one. That we are doing for the right reasons.

Also. I bought a sheet cake, cupcakes, one package of baby food, and two six-packs of beer at 8:15 this morning. My coping skills a marginal at best.

The Best part? Knowing that we are taking the friendships, the love, and the memories with us. Now, off to make sure the diaper genie doesn't get packed with dirty diapers in it. To sit in storage for weeks.





2 comments:

Brandi @ Home Team Dreams said...

Moving can be a bittersweet experience. I'm sure you and your family will enjoy Florida. I lived in Florida for 4 years and it's a pretty nice state :)

Hillie Gaither said...

Florida's dumb. Who REALLY likes sunshine and disney world. What are you going to tell me next, that they got dolphins, beaches, and sexy latin men? exactly. Dumb. Talk tomorrow:)