Friday, July 22, 2011

Oh hey weekend.

Three offers made on three different houses and three different people don't want our money. One didn't even counter offer. Um. A-hole. That's how this works. Yes. We didn't offer your asking price. Because it's too high and your house needs new countertops and new appliances. So we made an offer. You are supposed to make a counter offer. The reason your house has been on the market for six months is that it's priced too high and you apparently are unaware of how to play the game.

On another one. They countered by dropping their price 5k. We were like 40k apart. They were being annoying about terms and not telling our agent if they could close when we want to close (cause that's a HUGE factor for us... Remember, the apartment?) so we walked away. Today. They dropped their price 10k. And sent our agent an email telling her they are motivated. Um. What changed in 24 hours?

Anyway. We are taking a step back. A breath.

We are going to the beach tomorrow. And we might not come back. And by 'going to' I mean we are driving 25 minutes. Pinch me.

The right house is out there. Patience is a virtue. One I don't have.

Did I mention the people upstairs bought a pony? I mean why else would the stomping be out of control? And who drops weights on hardwood floors?

Good news of the day is the pink eye appears to finally be gone. Thank you stronger eye drops called in by my kids former pediatrician. I put makeup on five minutes ago. I feel pretty. Oh so pretty.

Dinner tonight with my oldest friend (not like she's old, like known her the longest) and her family. Can not wait.

And. We are three swim lessons in and he is rocking it. Kicking, blowing bubbles. He swam 15 feet across the pool today to his teacher. Without floaties or help. Major.

The Best part? The weekend is here. And I will be putting my toes in the sand. Boo. Yah.


2 comments:

Brandi @ Home Team Dreams said...

Oh I really hope you find the right place soon! Sounds a bit overwhelming but I will think positive thoughts for you!

I must say that this line REALLY cracked me up: "Did I mention the people upstairs bought a pony?" LOL! I've definitely experienced that before. My old roommate and I used to say that the neighbors above us were having a furniture demolition competition! We just couldn't figure out why the ceiling sounded as if it would cave in at any moment!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

did you link up to SMS? I clicked over but there is no picture...sad day.