Monday, September 12, 2011

O&R Sunday Styles

I wrote about September 11th over at Poop yesterday. Can't believe it's been 10 years.  Always kind of a somber day for me.  Guess it really is for everyone.  Hard not to have a heavy heart. 

We went to the pool yesterday. Cause it was 95. It might not be fall here but it is fall on my head. Bye bye blonde.

Please add a pressed cuban sandwich made by real Cubans to the list of reasons I run and should run more.  Oh and candy corn and peanuts. 

I had my first photo shoot yesterday with kids other than mine! And they liked the pictures! Or they are too nice to tell me otherwise! They are up on my Facebook page and my photo blog.

Cannon had his first soccer practice on Saturday. It was hilarious. Like a swarm of bees. Or trying to herd cats. Awesome. And it rained the whole time. And he loved it. Maybe next practice he will remember that picking up the ball and carrying it is not an option.  Truth.  I don't want him to fall in love with soccer unless he is going to be like World Cup good because I find it painfully boring and REALLY long.  And this is coming from a swimmer.  But for now.  At 3 years old.  It's awesome.

We've taken up skyping with our friends back 'home'.  And having a few drinks via the internet.  Maybe we don't have to make new real friends.

Hope everyone hugged their family today.  Hope everyone remembers how lucky we all are to live where we do.  Hope everyone remembers.  Always.  To steal a quote from a friend's facebook status.  And then paraphrase it for my purposes.  Remember the power of love.  And the cost of hate.

No comments: