Friday, October 21, 2011

1 year.

I'm not going to tell you her stats.  Cause I don't know them.  Just know that her thighs are fabulous.  I'm not going to tell you what she's accomplished, how smart she is, or how ahead of the curve she is.  She's normal.  That's all you need to know.  I mean medically, she's normal.

I can not believe that a year ago today we welcomed Emerson Elizabeth (if you're just joining us, here's a link to October of 2010) into our world.  I'm not going to tell you how long or miserable labor was or how many stitches I required.  Cause it doesn't matter.  She was worth every single second.


This has been without question the fastest year of my life.  And the best.  My children adore eachother (most of the time), they are healthy, and our little girl is one today. 

She is funny.  Sweet.  Cuddly.  And she is that baby who smiles at everyone.  Brings joy to anyone.  If you're lucky enough to have a baby like this, you know what I am talking about.  She dances on command, and whenever she hears music.  She smiles when you look at her.  She is just absolutely wonderful. 

So proud that she is ours.

So this weekend we celebrate our little Emme.  Our peanut.  Our chunkamonk.  Our Emme Lou.  We celebrate Emerson Elizabeth.  The little girl who none of us can imagine our lives without.



Happy first birthday Emerson.  You make our souls smile.  Love you more than words.

The Best part?  EEB

No comments: