Friday, February 17, 2012

helllooo president's day weekend.

It's a 3 day-er.  With almost zero plans.  I am in love.

I've lost 3 1/2 pounds in the last almost 3 weeks.  I will take it.  Sure, I would love to have dropped 10 but that's not realisitc.  Not only that but even though it's only a few pounds, I know I am a lot stronger, my clothes fit better, and I'm on my way to being in amazing shape.  Or at least really good shape.  That's all I want.  To be in good shape.  And be slightly skinnier.  The running, bootcamp, and spinning is working.  And since I'm getting up before the sun every week day to bust my ass, it should be working.

I hosted a happy hour playdate yesterday afternoon where we served goldfish and wine.  And lots of other goodies.  I let like 20 kids destroy the house for the sake of some fun for them and for the moms.  And it was fun.  I wrote about it here too.

The baby jumping on the couch because her brother does gives me heart attacks. 

Told Dan I want to go to Ikea this weekend.  He asks, 'what for?'. Um. I don't know yet.  Um. Does it matter?  Um. Sweedish treasures I am in dire need of and just don't know it yet.  Any of these answers is the right one in this situaiton. FYI.
Trader Joe's is opening in Sarasota.  It's like an hour+ away.  And just like that, my plan is falling into place.

I don't deal in tuna fish.  Tuna steaks, yes.  Tuna fish out of a can or a pouch or a gold encrusted box from Tiffany's, no. 

E took her diaper off in her crib in protest of a nap the other morning.  When I walked in after she slept I thought for half a second that she hadn't peed the bed. 

Also, this child has some serious junk in her trunk.  It does not come from my side of the family.  I have no ass.  If she gets my other curves and that ass we are all in big trouble.

Am I the only one haunted by party favors?  The dollar store crap that just shows up, even after you thought you had thrown it away?  Would rather send children home with a shit load of candy and call it a day.  Or sidewalk chalk.   

It's one of those gray gloomy days where if you didn't have kids and didn't have a job you would just lay in bed and watch movies and drift in and out of sleep.  Although if you didn't have kids or didn't have a job that may be your everyday.

And since my kids are about to nap.  I'm gonna go pretend I don't have any kids or a job. for like 45 minutes.

Happy weekend friends.




No comments: