Wednesday, February 8, 2012

observations and revelations

Throwing it back to the old school cause I'm so cool.

January kicked my ass.  It took a full week for me to return to feeling semi normal.
This dieting thing is working.  I said bye to two pounds last week.  And it's probably no coincidence that as soon as I decided to diet I ran into a friend who talked me into a 5am bootcamp twice a week. There are small muscles I didn't know existed.

And the mornings where there isn't bootcamp I am sleeping in until 6 and running with a few others.  Honestly it makes it so much more enjoyable and goes by so much faster when you have someone to talk to and pass the time with.
Sometimes I look at the people I'm friends with on facebook and think, really?  Why?  I mean it's not like we talk, ever.  If we haven't talked since high school should we be facebook friends?  I mean if you have kids and we can relate and you say funny things sometimes, then I'm cool with it.  Then I got a request from a girl who I don't remember.  I didn't do anything with it.  Then she sent me a note reminding me who she is.  Really?  Is this what facebook has become?  Cause I don't think she's saving the whales and looking for support... I think she wants to stalk my pictures.  Not cool. 

I added some new initials this week.  LLC.  Now I can pay taxes.  Exciting, no?

Speaking of taxes, when our packet of documents arrived from our accountant this week it had our names on the outside and two other clients names and social security numbers on the inside.  So.  He's fired and I'd like to know who has our information.
And how about this one?  I'm not speaking in religious undertones but I love this.  Courtesy of Pinterest.  Which Dan told me last night is the newest and fastest growing social marketing tool.  Probably cause it's awesome.


I'm mourning the fact that my three year old can now pronounce L's.  No more 'I wuv you Mommy!' and no more 'Mommy I was the wine weader at school today!'.  Sad. 

I'm hosting a happy hour playdate with toys and crafts and drinks for the moms.  I was a little worried people would judge.  So far, everyone is coming.  Guess everyone is tired of the playground.

E has fallen for Elmo.  Honestly I am so happy!  Cause Cannon was Elmo obsessed but since he doesn't really watch anymore, and since she watches whatever he watches, I was worried she wouldn't even know who Elmo was.  Which I am pretty sure is a right of passage for a child.  But she does.  And she asks for him and dances to him and sings the song.  That little red monster is baby crack.

It's gonna be 'winter' here this weekend.  Cold and rainy.  I won't tell you how cold.  Cause you'll want to punch me.

The Best part? I'm actually really loving the early morning workouts.  It's good.  Hope you are too.








1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow! Boot camp and running and dieting! I'm impressed. You're going to have to be my motivator and help me get my butt back in gear this summer to lose all this baby weight. Just the thought of running makes me sore! And I used to run 5-10 miles a day! Oh...