Wednesday, March 14, 2012

a neglected blog.

It's not that I don't love you.  I do.  It's just that I get busy.  And it's a good busy.  But it's busy.  And random blog post thoughts pop into my head and then quickly disappear.  So here I am with a quick O and R.  And really only writing it because I set out to run this morning and I am just too damn sore.  Here goes nothing.

My kids are at awesome ages.  C and his letters and numbers and curiosity is ah.mazing.  He's fun and smart and learning and the temper tantrums seem to have slowed every so slightly.  Cause you know, at 3 1/2 those things slow down.  E is hilarious and has the biggest personality of any 16 month old I know.  Her sleep habits are sporadic at best but I don't mind middle of the night cuddles.  It's the screaming that I mind.  How many teeth does one child need anyway? 

The workouts.  So for a solid six weeks I've been busting it.  Boot camp two mornings a week, running the other days.  Today is probably the third day in the last six weeks I haven't done SOMETHING.  And it's 6:30 am so there's still time.  It took all of five weeks to lose five freaking pounds and it also took that long for me to stop obsessing over the scale and looking in the mirror.  Remember this post?  I should read it more often.  Because when I look in the mirror, things are good.  Asses are higher, legs are crazy strong, arms are thinner, boobs are smaller (of course, stupid stupid thing that happens to women).  I'm really pretty proud that I have gotten into shape and I have zero plans of stopping. 

Speaking of being proud of myself.  Photography.  Rocking and rolling.  A solid three to four sessions a weekend, sometimes more. I am in love.  In love.  And pinching myself that it actually happened.  I set out to start a small business, make some money, do something I love, and have something that was just for me.  And I've done it.  And I'm proud.  You can check out my Facebook page should you so desire.

It's summer here.  A lovely 80 degrees during the day and 65 at night.  Remind me of this in June when it's 100 already.

So.  That's an update.  Not a very exciting one.  But it's' why I haven't been around these parts.  Cause life is good.

Hope you are too.

xoxo

No comments: