Friday, March 2, 2012

photo op. post 501.

Oh hey.  Been missing.  Wrote a boring post that I haven't posted yet.  About turning another year older, yadda yadda yadda.  And then this happened.

BTW, this is my 501st post.  Should have celebrated on the last one.

Anyway.


Yesterday afternoon I packed up some buckets and shovels, the jogger, some towels and a blanket and headed to the beach. It was 82 and gorgeous and we were going to take advantage. And we did.


 Played in the sand. In the water. Breathed deeply. It's good for the soul. Really good.












See?  We had fun.  My kids love it.  I love it.  We will never get tired of it. 



You get the point.  It was fun.

We have learned, the hard way, that you don't take snacks to the beach.  The rats with wings seagulls are majorly aggressive.  Like out of control.  They will fly down and grab food OUT OF YOUR HAND.  Not only does that scare the shit out of me but it's disgusting.  And they call all of their friends as soon as they smell blood.  So.  We snack on the way to the beach and on the way home.  Not at the beach.  Yesterday was no different.

Then.  People of Walmart showed up.  Mullets.  MAJOR mullets.  A cooler the size of a small car.  Everyone smoking two cigarettes at a time.  Tattoos.  Ugly ones.  Green and yellow ones.  Jorts. Sleeves were hard to come by too.  They set up camp and immediately pulled out giant bags of chips and sandwiches.  They didn't seem to mind the giant rats circling their heads waiting for the right moment to strike.  Then they start feeding them.  This is why the birds are aggressive.  Because assholes feed them.  So now there's like 30 seagulls pooping and cawing all over the damn place. 

I'm taking some pictures of my kids.  And I hear, 'y'all! I got one!'  Yep.  He did.  Balding dude #1 in the grey tux grabbed a seagull out of the air and was holding it on his lap.  Feeding it chips and petting it. 

And so.  I did what any other person would have done.  Took a picture.


No.  Make that two pictures.  To the left of mullet man/woman (?) in the grey tux sans sleeves is the gull whisperer.


And he was surprised when he finally freed Willy the gull why it shit on him. 

The end. 

PS. If you click on the picture you can see the another member of the POW crew.  It's worth it.
Happy weekend.

6 comments:

Charbelle said...

Pics of the kiddos, oh so very very cute!!!!

The rest, OH MY WORD :)

Megan said...

Where is (my) Dan and his damn stick to wave at those rats when you really need him??!! :)

Becca said...

Oh my goodness! That is beyond disgusting.

Bird flu anyone? Ick.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Dear Friend, You need to widen the crap out of your layout so you can put big-ass pictures on your blog so we can see how beautiful they are. I don't like to squint to see them. Love, me.

Sara said...

WHA?!!! Oh my goodness. This is too funny.

P.S. the pics of your kids are GORGEOUS!

Jess @ DudeandSweets said...

Agree with Katie. Bigger pics please.

Also. I hate you. Sun, beach? JEALOUS.