Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Greedy...

I'm being greedy.  But I want more.  More time.  I want more time.  Not for myself.  I want more time with her. 

My grandmother isn't well.  Hasn't been in a while.  And I find myself being selfish.  Greedy.  I realize there aren't many 31 year olds who have a grandparent still with them.  I realize how lucky this makes me.  I do.  And I want her to stick around.  I'm not asking for years (although that would be nice).  Just a little while. 

But I have to be even greedier.  I want her around and feeling good.  I want her to be able to enjoy a few more things before it's her time.  I realize that 18 holes of golf might not be in the cards.  But putting her toes in the sand might be.  Hanging with her great grandkids a little more.  Being at home.  Not in a hospital bed covered in wires surrounded by beeping.  I want her to enjoy a few more cold ones.  A few more laughs.  Maybe some chocolate cake.

I realize this is asking a lot.  Maybe even too much.  I know I'm being greedy.  And selfish.  But I'm not ready to let go. 

I'm just not.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I don't think you're greedy. I want more time too.

Hugs and take care.