Monday, April 23, 2012

O&R

I have been kind of a downer of late.  Forgive me.  Grandma is a bit better.  Looking like I get to be greedy a bit longer. 

Onto lighter notes.

The dishwasher was leaking.  It also seemed like it wasn't rinsing as well as it used to.  It's less than a year old.  The repairman came at 8 sharp this morning (I called yesterday) and said I was right.  It was leaking.  He threw some soap in and noticed it sudsing quite a bit.  And then said, and I quote, "Are you sure you're using dishwasher soap?".  Turns out, what happens when you accidentally throw one of those new fancy laundry detergent gel packs in the dishwasher a few times, it leaks.  Wonder what the bill will be for being stupid.  And to be clear, it was NOT intentional.  I did not realize it was laundry detergent when I grabbed the fancy new gel packs off the end cap a week ago.

I stepped in poop the other night.  On my kitchen floor.  Human poop. 

I bought a new swimsuit.  Only it's called a swim dress which makes me feel Amish and like I'm one step away from mom jeans.  No, it doesn't have sleeves.  Nor does it come to my knees.  And it's amazing. 

Discovered my absolute favorite flower growing in our backyard this morning.  Gardenias.  If you have not smelled them in bloom you are missing out.  Majorly.  

The other day Cannon said something to me in the car and I didn't hear him.  When I asked what he said he responded, "neveryours mommy"... Brilliant. 

I did it.  She's 18 months old and I took the bottle away.  Tough love for Cannon on his first birthday the bottles were gone but not for my baby girl.  She didn't bat an eye.  Someone hold me.

The tremendously talented brother of a best friend of mine designed a logo for my photography business last week.  I am blown away and humbled by his talents.  Check it here if you like.  Or here.  I'm not one for tattoos but this, I might consider.

In six days we are unplugging.  For a week.  Of vacation.  Toes in the sand, lazy days, unplugging.



2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, the poop on the floor. Those moments are so worth a bottle of wine.

Love the new logo. Who are you using for hosting for your site? I'm wanting to move mine but haven't found anyplace I love just yet.

Jenn and Casey said...

So happy you're getting the chance to unwind and unplug! And hopefully not step in any poop - human or otherwise!